Submit an Application
We will accept applications for 2014 from Friday, January 17, 2014 - Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 2:00p.m. Pacific Time
To be considered as a Tech Awards laureate you must fill out the online application and provide two references. We suggest you notify your references very early in the process so your application can be finished before the deadline.
Before applying for The Tech Awards, and to ensure that your application will be accepted, please check our Criteria Page.
If applying to the Katherine M. Swanson Young Innovator Award you, and your team mates must be under the age of 27 as of December 31, 2014. Please check the other criteria for this category.
During the application process you will be required to provide two references (e.g., business colleagues, professors, mentors). You can access the application system as many times as you need to in order to understand and answer the questions on the form. Applications are not complete unless both references are included.
Read our Criteria Page to understand how we select applicants and prospective laureates, and learn more about each of the awards Categories. In order to be better prepared, the following are the questions from the application:
1) What serious problem facing humanity does your technological innovation address? Explain the context in which your technology operates.
2) Describe your technological innovation, and how it stands out from previous solutions addressing the same or similar problems.
3) What measurable impact has your innovation had in the field? Please present or cite evidence from credible sources to support your claims.
4) What is the potential for your innovation to be scaled up for greater impact, either by your organization or by others?
5) Does this work draw upon the intellectual property or substantive contributions of others who should be acknowledged?