The Tech Awards Criteria (revised January 24, 2014)
- The project addresses a problem that is well defined and globally significant and uses innovative technology in one of the 5 categories: Environment, Education, Young Innovator* (born in 1987 or later) Health, or Economic Development.
- The technology and application are ground-breaking and stand out from existing solutions
- The innovation is being used in the field and is measurably impactful.
- The organization's annual budget must be less than US$50 million. (revised January 24, 2014)
- The technology application is in the field and has demonstrated a measurable benefit.
- Applications must be submitted online in English, with two letters of reference by Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 2:00p.m. Pacific Time.
- Applicants may submit their application in one category only.
- The Tech Awards, including those named as category winners, are ineligible for The Tech Awards in the year immediately following the one in which they are honored, but may apply in subsequent years for technological innovations different from the one(s) for which they were already recognized.
- Individuals not recognized in a given year may reapply in subsequent year and - with continued progress and evidence of impact - are encouraged to do so.
- Laureates must commit to be present from Sunday, November 9 to Friday, November 14, 2014, at all events for The Tech Awards in San Jose, California. Transportation and accommodations will be provided for one representative of the organization.
- Unrestricted cash prizes of US$25,000 and US$75,000 will be awarded in each category at the Annual Gala of The Tech Awards on Thursday, November 13, 2014.
*Applicants to the Young Innovator Award
- It is required that you have produced a working prototype of your innovative technology.
- The judges will look favorably on evidence of real-world testing and deployment.
- You will be required to list the essential team members and their dates of birth.
- You will be asked to briefly describe their roles in the project. Key individuals responsible for the technology innovation must be born in 1987 or later to apply in this category. it is acceptable for people in supporting roles to be older than 27.
Applications for The Tech Awards 2014 closes on Tuesday, May 6, 2014, PST
For questions regarding The Tech Awards, please contact Leslie Zane firstname.lastname@example.org or Barbara Carman email@example.com